92 Taurus AXODE failures

I have a 1992 Taurus whose tranny gave up the ghost about 8k miles ago. I replaced it with a Jasper reman and have had two failures in that 8k miles. I flushed the cooler each time and made sure everything was just
so. Anyone else having frequent AXODE failures from Jasper remans?
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:18:11 -0500, hyundaitech wrote:

I haven't heard anything negative about Jasper in particular, but I have noticed a lot of people complaining about failure of rebuilt transmissions in general. If I had to buy one today, I would do as much research as possible before picking one, or possibly try to rebuild it myself. A used tranny from a low-mileage wreck is also an option.
Rodney
-
Thanks, Rodney. I know the Taurus tranny is notorious for having problems. I decided to go with Jasper because their warranty beat most of the others by 40k miles. And I've had no problems with Jasper other than the twice repeated failure of their units. They've been very good about sending me replacements.
I believe the original failure was some sort of bearing failure since the transmission was making a grinding noise in first and second gears. Lots of metal in pan. Big chunks, too.
The first reman failure was a slipping issue. Lots of dark particulate matter in pan but little metal. Light rattling from trans in neutral and park.
Second reman failure was pretty much without warning when I came to a stop. Car jerked. When shifted into park, made a ridiculously loud grinding noise. Then made grinding noises in 2nd and 4th.
Jasper's got their own set of upgrades. Every unit comes with a torque converter. I find it difficult to believe that an electronic issue would cause a hard failure.
More than anything else, I was just curious if other people out there were having similar difficulties with this model trans rebuilt by Jasper.
hyundaitech wrote:

I've never used a Jasper Transmission, but I bought a couple of their engines in the distant past. Had lots of problems with oil leaks and valvetrain noise. That was about 15 years ago, I don't know if their quality control has improved.             Tom Adkins