92 Tempo LX V6 Tilt Steering fix

The handle for the tilt steering broke off flush and of course, in trying to drill it out without screwing the threads so I could replace the handle, I screwed up the threads. I have a new part which is held in my a pin, but I can't see where I have access to drive the pin out so I can remove the broken part. Does anyone have a manual that specifically covers this. Thanks

Reply to
RQ

look at the new part and find where the pin goes into the new part.. then put the new part by the location of where it should go and there you have the location of the pin..... probably have to file off the finish to see the difference in the metals to locate the pin then use a pin punch and knock it out...

Reply to
jim

Thank you, I have done exactly what you said and I can see the bottom end of the pin, but it is flush, I can't get at it to pry it out and I can't see where I can get at the top end of the pin to drive it out. The pin goes in at the bottom of the assembly and looking down from the top, there doesn't seem to be an opening to drive the pin out the bottom.

Thanks again for you advice, Richard

Reply to
RQ