93 aerostar PCM?

I have a 93 aerostar, 4.0L 6cyl.... with EDIS (electronic distributor)

I believe that the PCM (computer) is gone. The fuel relay clicks on and off rapidily and won't start. From looking at the wiring diagram its show that the fuel pump relay is controlled by the computer (-) and the pcm relay (+). The computer is sending a pulsed signal to the relay.... Has anyone had this problem....

Wondering if the computer is shutting on and off rapidly, because the van will not start. If i disconnect the computer side of the fuel pump relay to battery then the relay works fine and will build up pressure, but it won't start.

Does anyone know about the internals of the PCM and could point me in a direction of resloving the problem, I do not want to buy a new one unless I have to...

Reply to
Wayconvict 187