93 Crown Vic 4.6L

I appreciate anyones advice.

Engine hesitates when punshing the gas, and power is slugish. New plugs,wires,dist cap,air filter already done. AND..........if I unplug the MAF (mass air flow sensor) the engine stalls after reving it....so I guess it's working properly.

BUT.... if I take the whole plastic air intake compartment out........I get immediate engine response and no hesitation but stalls of course after reving it up. I'm sure its another stupid sensor or a vacuum problem...but I need more info.

???? Anyone????

Thanks.

Reply to
Jean

Is there any way that air flow is constricted to the plastic air intake? I'd also check the throttle position sensor for the stalling thing.

Reply to
KENNETH MCABEE