93 Crown Vic Driver Rear Window Inoperable

The window is held in position with duct tape, and I haven't taken the door apart yet. What is the likely problem before taking the door apart? Thanks.
Land O'Lakes Fred
if you can hear the motor turning or trying to and crunching noise it's the regulator. It is a power window, correct? If the glass slides up and down fairly easy with your hand. It's the regulator. if that and you don't hear the motor, it could also be the motor, switch at rear or drivers master switch. the regulator is riveted to the door with 1/4 diameter rivets that are drilled out. there's two rivets that go through 2 big white plastic washers and the glass and if you break the little plastic fingers that snap the washers together on either side of the glass and don't replace them, by trying to reuse them. The glass will pop into hundreds of little safty glass pieces. the front regulator are easier that the rear. Did you get that Land O Lakes handle cause you're smooth as butter with the but I digress. there's also this nasty coil assist spring on the regulator that can turn it into a bear trap. so tell the wife to wear gloves while she part'n out for you. HE HE. Your welcome, Send A wad Bob
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

On 8 Jul 2006 05:54:10 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com"

Had a similar problem on an '01 Town Car. Left rear window was up and immobile. No motor noise at all.
Took it to L-M dealer. They replaced the regulator. Total cost, parts and labor plus tax was $324. The car was under the Certified vehicle extended warranty. Cost me $100. And, the warranty paid for the rental car except for taxes.
Max