93 crown vic lights

i have a 93 crwon vic and the headlights will go on and off when just driving down the road, any help thank you

Reply to
ramdodge

If its both light I would suspect the headlamp switch or a bad connection.....ground....

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

You either have a {relatively} high resistance short in your headlight circuit... or the circuit breaker is faulty.

First, starting at headlights and working back, check for pinched or worn wires, harness taping worn through, etc.

CB is more than likely in {or on} the headlight switch, itself, which makes it more suspect.

If you cant find a reasonable price in the parts stores, there are many CV's in salvage yards, and a used one will likely last as long as you have the car (barring specific model/year problems)

go to your yellow pages or car-parts.com

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Eh... yep... if rather random or flicker then out and on, bad connection... if just out, then a few seconds later on, without much or any flicker, see my other post

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic