'93 Crown Vic LX radio prob

My radio quit last week, fuses are good, pulled radio and opened up case, but can't see anything burnt, Model number is F3AF-19B132-AD, searched but can't find any info, need schematic, any help would be appreciated. Alternative would be to find a like kind for replacement rather than try to repair. Anybody got a cheap working one? I'm in central NC. Thanks, john

Reply to
JRnNC

Have you tried reconnecting, re-testing the unit?

Some stereo cassette units from that era had a design and/or mnfg. bug that would shut 'em down until cables disconnected to reset.

I've been disconnecting/reconnecting the unit in my '94 'Boid several times/year for the last 8 years. :-)

One sold for cheap on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Google the part #.

Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man

yes, same prob., is there a certain amount of time one must wait before re-plugging? My brother bought this car new,never heard of any problems w/it, and I've had it since '97 and this is first time to have any issues. However, it was very hot here last week, still is, yesterday was 104F! Cabin temp. lately when I leave is around 140F at

3:30pm!!

checked ebay yesterday and that p/n wasn't found. I'll check past sales to get idea of going prices... Thanks, john

Reply to
JRnNC

Just long enough to reset internally. Could be 10 sec., could be 60 or so, I dunno.

That's *serious* heat. I'd wait 'til weather cools if possible.

This world is -full- of stuff that doesn't work so good in truly extreme temps. Such list includes po' me. :-)

If you google F3AF-19B132 you should see an AE rather than an AD. Same unit?

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man

I saw that one, no the plugs on the rear are differnt,b/c the AD model is the premium sound unit, has more power output I/Cs. Tx, John

Reply to
JRnNC

you want just a radio for it, i have one from a 96 escort that i put in my 93 crown vic, when i bought it it had a non-functional aftermarket stereo, which i have since replaced.

radio only

Reply to
Picasso

Model number is F3AF-19B132-AD, I really would like to get the same p/ n radio/cassette unit, not that I want a casstte, but I don't want to spend time figuring out a wiring adapter to 'make' it fit, easy out, easy in. I seem to be getting lazier as I get older. I used to install car radios, etc. so... been there, done that! I still would like to find a source for the schematic for this unit, but have been unsuccessful so far on the web. Tx, john

Reply to
JRnNC

Every 90's vintage Ford radio I have worked with is crap. You are better off with aftermarket. A real sleeper is the JVC HD Radio with CD player for around $150 after discounts, about the same price you would pay a certified radio repair shop to fix your original radio.

Reply to
Steven Stone

I got one with the casette unit (works great) out of a 93 Crown Vic that I scrapped last year. If you want it, I would think that $20 + $12.00 DHL ground shipping from Chicago area is a fair price.

If you need anything else, I stripped this car down to the engine block including the front end, all window motors, all 4 windows, and every piece of electronics off the car and called a junk yard to tow it away. I literally have everything for the car because I wanted the parts for my 94 Mercury Marquis. The spelling is all correct below, just put the email together in the correct format. I also sell on eBay and have 100% feedback if you want to check there for my seller honesty rating. Let me know.

diaposable at digitalmechanic dot net

=============================================== >My radio quit last week, fuses are good, pulled radio and opened up

Reply to
X-Eliminator

The one I got ("premium" but not Bose) in my '94 Tbird sho'ly, sho'ly qualifies.

Do we even know *who* in the flying flog 'twere that made these things???