93 Crown Vic Speedometer

93 crown vic, the speedometer quit working. worked on the way there, then the next morning, picked up the car, and it wasn't working.
all the other dash guages work, and the odomoter & trip ometer (if you
will) works.
Any ideas on where to start with this?
Check the sending unit. If the sending unit is OK, then replace the speedo. I had a 93 Crown vic that went to 218k and the speedo was still working when I parted out the car. I may still have it in my garage if you are looking for a working speedo. It's an entire assembly with an electronic plug on the back. You can replace it in about 1 hour with a couple screwdrivers and if you are handy with tools. Hopefully you have a tilt wheel, as that will make it much easier.

Something else is going on here... strangely enough, the next couple days, it didn't work (i only took it down the road and back).
Last night, got in and it worked fine... i drove it about 100kms... didn't miss a beat.
Somethings on its way out... and it might be the car :P