93 escort ac clutch

Jumped clutch directly to battery, ac clutch does not engage. my meter reads continuity, 5 ohms? drawns voltage.
Can you replace just the solenoid?
Afroney, 93 escort lx
afroney wrote:

Here is a great website for DIY ac repair. Helped me retrofit my old R-12 system in a 1990 Escort GT. Try reversing the leads if the clutch doesn't engage the first time.
http://www.polarbearinc.com/Trouble7_diagnosis.htm#badcoil
Thanx for your help-especially the link. Tried reversing polarity-if only to jar the clutch free for at least a cool ride to Peoria. Alas. Will probably replace clutch.