93 Escort - Daytime Running Lights?

I need to add daytime running lights to my 1993 Escort (reason - I am importing the car to Canada) and need to know where I might find the connector to add the drl module for this car (if there is one, anyone
know the part #?).
If anyone can help me out with the info, it would be much appreciated.
Any Ford dealer.
nobody wrote:

Okay... besides the obvious "any Ford dealer" - anyone have any actual helpful experience? I have the useless chiltons manual, which of course makes no mention of the DRL module.
Thanks

Seems like sound advice to me. You might make even be more successful if you call a Ford dealer in Canada, or in a border town in the US.
Have you ever thought that you might be the only one on these boards to ever try this? Don't get upset at the lack of information that you came here expecting to find.
The aftermarket repair manuals won't have anything about Canadian-specific equipment, because it is not relevant to the majority of readers. Remember, the population of Canada is but a fraction of the US.
Get on the phone and let the group know your results, so the next person with the same question will find an answer.
Gerard

--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, nobody wrote:

Well, here're the specifics.
You can get the module from a Ford dealer for a relatively large amount of money, horse around going into the wiring to install it and have it fail in two years or so (the wiring is NOT already present, it uses an overlay harness, and Ford's DRL modules have a very high failure rate)...that's option 1.
Option 2, go get the module from www.webelectricmagazine.com for $30, spend 10 minutes installing it and you're done. That module, which I installed on my own '92 when I imported it, meets Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requirements for DRLs.

Yes, it is.

You wouldn't think so, but in fact the wiring is not in place.

There are no such countries outside the US and Canada where Ford's OE-type DRLs (reduced intensity high beams) are allowed.
DS
When I said, "Any Ford dealer", this is what I meant; it's a dealer stock item. http://www.pacificinsight.com/aftermarket/after_daytime.htm The add-on DRL module on Ford products is usually under the battery tray. It's most likely yours won't have one, since the only domestic maker that's really pushing them is GM. P.S.: I hope the decision makers at GM that are pushing this DRL nonsense collect properly on the karma they're building.
nobody wrote:

Thanks for the info.