93 Escort GT No Start Condition

I have a 93 Escort GT with 200,000 miles. I know this is stupid, but I was messing around with a friend and seeing if my Escort had a rev limiter. So I ran it up to redline and sure enough it hit the rev
limiter. We then tried "bouncing" it off of the rev limiter. It did twice and then died. It now doesn't start. It cranks normally. I have checked all the fuses in both the engine compartment and the passenger cabin, and they are all fine. What do you think?
I should also add that the Inertia Switch was not tripped.
I think the world is a safer place, now....
With 200,000 miles, I would try, desparately, to avoid putting much money into any repairs. Even with the rev limiter, something this old may have floated the valves or possibly dumped the timing belt (the experienced ear can usually diagnose a bad belt easily).
As with any instance of "cranks/no start", we begin with making sure there is fuel, injector pulse and spark....

Your timing belt was old, right? Hadn't been changed, eh? You probably caused it to jump a couple teeth. Probably nothing that retiming the engine and a new belt wouldn't fix.
Ted
The timing belt was replaced at 165,000. I guess my thought was that maybe I tripped something in the electrical system. Maybe the car knew that I was abusing it?
Try seraching over at http://www.feoa.net to see if anyone else has been stupid enough to do what you did and found a fix.
On May 12, 10:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would say you blew the timing gear all to hell theyre made out of something little more stronger than fiber glass in which case you could possibly have a zero tolerance motor . If you do, junk the head cause youve toasted every valve and guide in it best repair is haul it to a salvage yard and walk away. any thing that old with that many miles isnt worth fixing