93 Escort problem

Daughter has a 93 Escort SW, it runs great around town. On the open highway between 50-65 MPH it misses acting like it's starving for fuel or an ignition miss. If you accelerate it quits missing, also when on
a pull up hill the miss will quit..
I have checked the codes and the only one that show bad is "538" having to do with uneven cyl rpm..
Could this be in the ignition module or TPS??
TIA Jack Hunter
http://tinyurl.com/nl45 My Auctions http://tinyurl.com/6ody8 Bike
Hi Jack, I'm not a mechanic or anything but I used to have a 1991 or 92 Escort that did the same thing. Going uphill on the highway was when I noticed a problem. I thought that it may have had a blocked Catalayic converter but it crashed before I had a chance to check. I know this probably didnt help much but maybe thats the way they run.