93 escort radiator fan switch

The radiator fan motor in my 89 Escort burn out @ 50K miles. I think the same has happened @ 48K miles in my 93 Escort. I want to jumper the fan switch to verify. I see 2 switches off the hot water line. One has a single lead and I assume its the temperature gauge. The other, about 2 inches forward of that and has 2 leads. [I jumpered it but fan did not spin.] Can anyone confirm that I have the proper switch or direct me to the proper switch. TIA..

-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Reply to
John Keiser

OK.

I jumpered the fan relay and the fan didn't work.

I hot wired the fan and it works.

Without a wiring diagram I'm lost to explain why the fan doesn't seem to turn on in slow traffic [and car tends to over heat].

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Reply to
John Keiser

Hi John, Just an idea, think about looking at the motors of these fans. There maybe thermal overloads inside the motors so if they are struggling with tight bearings, rust inside the motor, water etc. or just plain too much heat these contacts open up and protect the cars wiring from burnout. However they seem to protect the fan motor and wire and the car engine overheats all the while. BeeVee

Reply to
BeeVee

Reply to
<rusto11

Reply to
AZGuy

My recommendation is to go over to eBay and get a Ford factory service manual on CD. They are real cheap (real cheap when compared to the hard copy I paid hundreds for). It will have all the info you need to fix your car.

Reply to
Childfree Scott