93 escort radiator fan switch

The radiator fan motor in my 89 Escort burn out @ 50K miles. I think the same has happened @ 48K miles in my 93 Escort. I want to jumper the fan switch to verify.
I see 2 switches off the hot water line. One has a single lead and I assume its the temperature gauge. The other, about 2 inches forward of that and has 2 leads. [I jumpered it but fan did not spin.] Can anyone confirm that I have the proper switch or direct me to the proper switch. TIA..
-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
OK.
I jumpered the fan relay and the fan didn't work.
I hot wired the fan and it works.
Without a wiring diagram I'm lost to explain why the fan doesn't seem to turn on in slow traffic [and car tends to over heat].
Any comments appreciated.
Thanks.
-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
I had an intermittent problem like that on a Corsica. It was due to the fan's brushes just being worn out. SOmetimes they touched enough to run the fan and sometimes they didn't. I chased the electric system to no avail and finally just put a new fan in and that fixed it.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 22:56:54 GMT, "John Keiser"

Hi John, Just an idea, think about looking at the motors of these fans. There maybe thermal overloads inside the motors so if they are struggling with tight bearings, rust inside the motor, water etc. or just plain too much heat these contacts open up and protect the cars wiring from burnout. However they seem to protect the fan motor and wire and the car engine overheats all the while. BeeVee

assume
proper
on this type of setup the computer sends gropund to the relay to turn on the fan rusto

assume
proper
My recommendation is to go over to eBay and get a Ford factory service manual on CD. They are real cheap (real cheap when compared to the hard copy I paid hundreds for). It will have all the info you need to fix your car.