93 Escort Wagon LX - user manual? dash warnings?

I have a 93 escort with 170K, and don't have the OEM manual. She is having problems with increasing frequency, and in an effort to be proactive, i was wondering whether there were any particular dashboard
warning lights that meant anything. I havent yet seen any lights light up, but in case i do- does 'parking brake' on mean 'car is about to explode within 24 hours', etc.. etc..
anything else the manual might tell me that I should know? the ford website no longer has (or perhaps never did have) copies of the manual to download. is there another source?
thanks, Anthony