'93 Ford Escort Problem

Hello,

I have a '93 Ford Escort Station Wagon with 95,000 miles on it...

About 3 month ago I started to have problems when I pushed the pedal to the metal. It would kind of shake a little bit then after about 10 ft.. it would go again. This would happen at any time of the day and any temperature of the engine. Also, it's off and on ,,, meaning, it doesn't happen everyday. Then yesterday when I stopped at 4 separate stop lights the car completely died and I had to re-start it. It started back up fine....

I have replaced the fuel filter two months ago so I know that it's not that... This problem was happened prior to that... I just need to know what to replace next... Fuel Pump?

I have tried fuel injection cleaner and it helped a little bit for about 1 week then it did it all over again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Please e-mail me if possible...

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Thanks!