93 ford mustang

I have a 93 ford mustang, 4 cylinder and it lacks power. I first thought I had a bad plug but I noticed the exhaust manifold was glowing red and extremely hot. Would that be a burnt vavle?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:02:43 GMT, David or Eunice Boucher

Well.. that would be a 4cylinder.. and last time I checked there was either a V6, or V8 available for the Mustang, not a little 4banger.
Chuck
Zex0s opined in wrote:

Your Spark advance isnt working... timing is retarted... check crank position sensor

Yeah... like he said, a 4 cylinder, 2.3L OHC DIS.
LAST TIME I checked the 6 wasnt available until the sn95... 94.
93 is a Fox.
Wrong Zex0s. There were only 2 engine options on 93 Mustangs. Either the 5.0 HO or the 2.3. It wasn't until the newest body style that the base engine was a 3.8 Liter V-6.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:59:21 -0500, FordBlueBlood

the Mustang was a 6er or an 8er.. I admit I also know nothing about the stang's between 70s to 99s.. My cousin had a 1970 fastback, we worked on restoring it, back in high school (around 1993-1994), and I sold Ford for several months back in 2000.. so.. I was wrong..
Chuck
Ford did have a V-6 option in the mid 80's then for some reason did away with it. The 2.3 was a gutless wonder and I have no idea why they would put it in a sports car. Well all except the SVO Mustang that is. :)

David or Eunice Boucher opined in

Sorry, I didnt read close enough... are you saying it looks red at ONE of the exhaust ports?
If it does, you should ALSO hear a distinctive difference between exhaust cycles when you listen to the tailpipe... otherwise and if ALL the ports show red... timing.
OR plugged catalyst, maybe