93 ford mustang

I have a 93 ford mustang, 4 cylinder and it lacks power. I first thought I had a bad plug but I noticed the exhaust manifold was glowing red and extremely hot. Would that be a burnt vavle?

Reply to
David or Eunice Boucher

Well.. that would be a 4cylinder.. and last time I checked there was either a V6, or V8 available for the Mustang, not a little 4banger.

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

Zex0s opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@netnews.mchsi.com:

Your Spark advance isnt working... timing is retarted... check crank position sensor

Yeah... like he said, a 4 cylinder, 2.3L OHC DIS.

LAST TIME I checked the 6 wasnt available until the sn95... 94.

93 is a Fox.
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

David or Eunice Boucher opined in news:n9Q9b.23736$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Sorry, I didnt read close enough... are you saying it looks red at ONE of the exhaust ports?

If it does, you should ALSO hear a distinctive difference between exhaust cycles when you listen to the tailpipe... otherwise and if ALL the ports show red... timing.

OR plugged catalyst, maybe

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Wrong Zex0s. There were only 2 engine options on 93 Mustangs. Either the

Reply to
FordBlueBlood

Yea.. someone already informed me of that.. I must admit, I always thought the Mustang was a 6er or an 8er.. I admit I also know nothing about the stang's between 70s to 99s.. My cousin had a 1970 fastback, we worked on restoring it, back in high school (around 1993-1994), and I sold Ford for several months back in 2000.. so.. I was wrong..

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

Reply to