93 Ford Ranger Clutch Fade

Hello,

Question for the group.

Over the last year, my 93 Ford 2wd 4cyl 5spd Ranger (180K miles)has been experiencing a little of bit of fading when shifting into first gear.

When sitting at a stoplight, I can rest my foot with little pressure on the clutch pedal, and feel it fade almost to the floor. The gear still engages, but this condition is really bothersome.

Does anyone know where I should look first? All of the other gears shift fine. It acts kind of like a hydraulic problem.

Please help.

Craig

Reply to
kdxleafblower

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (kdxleafblower) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

sounds to me like your clutch master cyl is going out. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Hey Kevin. Have you ever changed a master cylinder on a truck or vehicle similar to my ranger? I wondered what kind of a job it will be if I do it myself. I have done a lot of other repairs to my cars like brakes, water pumps, alternators ..you know, all of that artery stuff.

Is it a big job?

Craig

Reply to
kdxleafblower

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (kdxleafblower) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

naw its not a big deal, similar to a brake master cyl. have to be sure to bleed it real good. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff