93 Ford T-bird

Our t-bird recently overheated on the way home from work due to the water pump leak. When we refilled it with water to try and start it to get it home the engine would try and turn over at a normal turning speed but
would never actually start up. what could be causing it not to start? It does have a full tank of gas so I can eliminate that one.

Does the fuel pump run when you switch ign on?
try the following routine if car wont start
a. does tach bounce a little while cranking? If not, some ignition problem
b. FIRST (once car is in no-start paradigm) floor the accelerator pedal while cranking... if still wont start, PUMP accel while cranking.
- the first delivers less gas than normal, the second delivers more gas than normal.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

Let me guess.... 3.8?

yep it was the timming belt. it had a few teeth gone, put new belt on every thing looks great, what gets me the car has only 50,000 miles on it, at what miles should it have been replaiced thanks guys for the help

jman wrote:

yep sorry