93 Ford Taurus Radiator Cooling FAN not working BOB & BOB U.

Thanks for the info about the radiator cooling fan... The fan does run briefly on low then kicks to high when I pull the connector off of the coolant sensor. So I can assume that the low winding is good...

Can I fix the CCRM what does it look like.. There is what appears to be a computer lots of wires going to it on the right side of the radiator(drivers side) in the middle area is a smaller metal box looks like it is sealed with epoxy not so many wires going to it...

Thanks for all your help...

[Original question listed below....] (Have a 93 Taurus 3.8L The radiator cooling fan stopped working I figured it was the coolant sensor because when I disconnected the wires to the sensor the fan would then work but always on HIGH... I put in a new sensor but that did not fix the problem..)
Reply to
KATHLEEN HAIBACH

The CCRM is on top of the radiator. Its a metal box riveted together. Yes, you could drill the rivets or such out and open it up. If it had bad solder joints and you were handy with a solder iron, you might be able to help it. But, is that really your problem? Without putting a meter on the inputs from the computer and the fan terminals your still guessing its the CCRM.

You stated you have a 3.8. Are you loosing any coolant? Temp gauge erratic? If so, you may have a head gasket problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz