93 ford taurus stalls

My 93 ford taurus will stall with no warning. It will start back up and run fine eithin minutes. I have found out that when in stalls it is loosing spark and fuel at the same time. Is there some component that in the electrical system that controls them both and would cause me to stall and loose spark and fuel at the same time. thanks for you help.

Reply to
greg

Bad key switch?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

greg opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

sigh... it goes on and on.

(not your fault, greg)

The TFI (ignition module)

go to google and search this group for

tfi

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

When the TFI module dies it doesn't cause the injectors to quit firing though. I'd be more inclined to think the PIP sensor, EEC relay or something else common to both the fuel and ignition systems is the cause. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

depends WHICH circuit in the TFI fails...yeah... it's often the coil driver, but not always. and where does the PIP come from?

Could be the pickup in the dist, of course; but when they fail, it's usually erratic all the time or total.. right?

The symptoms point to electronic fail... relay fail is usually on switching - once on, tends to stay on.

That leaves the dist pickup, tfi, eca, ... or EVEN the ignition switch as possible culprits... and on likelihood, I'd go to the yard and buy the appropriate used distributor to start with. \ Swap the components, not the dist unless you have a timing light handy and know how to set it up.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

did ford put the ECM ground connector right by the battery still in 93? I recall the late 80s had it there....What morons, what where they thinking? Lets put a connector (that if fails the car wont run) right next to the battery so it can get corroded all the hell.....:) If I had a nickel..............

Reply to
Scott M

Scott M opined in news:5oiTc.3720$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.socal.rr.com:

that depends on how you look at it... that may be the primary power ground, but the one that causes problems (erratic performance) in Fox bodies is right next to the ecm in the passenger kick panel... along with the ECM relay, and this area is prone to moisture from leakage in a-pillar area.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I had mine shut down with no spark or fuel It was the wiring harness tha ran alongside the bottom of battery . the acid ate threw wires. Once I opened up the covering on wires you could see the wires that have been afected

Reply to
PAUL5SAN

Hi thanks for all the great suggestions. I finally found that the hose frome the

egr valve to the PIP sensor had come loose . problem solved. I hope. thanks again to everybody.

Reply to
greg

greg opined in news:

help me out here.... WHAT hose goes from the egr valve to the Pip?

does he mean dpfe?

anyone ... Bueller?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

He must.... because the hose he described doesn't exist. The hose to the DPFE sensor shouldn't cause his stalling problem either. Only an exhaust leak and a check engine light. Bob

Reply to
Bob