93 lincoln towncar and massflow sensor

I was trying to figure out why this car was idling rough when at a idle and at a stop either in or out of gear. I had the car running and was looking for any possible vacum leaks (didn't find any) and then I tool off the air cleaner cover to check the filter, for one reason or another I decided to put my fingure over the port for the air flow senser the car was already running rough when I did this and it just cleared it self up. I thought this might be a flook but when I did the same thing again 2 more time I had the same effect. I went ahead and unpluged the sensor and the engine cleared up.

Does this mean that the MassAir Flow sensor is bad, or could something else be causing it to get a bad reading? Thanks Dan B. snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Reply to
Dan B.