93 Mercury Topas ( Tempo ) - Battery Discharging

I have a 93 Mercury Topaz (Tempo) and just replaced the battery. The battery discharged over about 1-1/2 to 2 days. I had the alternator checked and it was okay. Any Ideas?

fgellis wrote:

Sticking light switch, maybe? Check for light in trunk, hood, glove box after dark, without opening any of them. Some of the output machine checkers (or their operators) lie; install a voltmeter gauge to see what the the voltage is going down the road. It should be 13.5~14.5 volts; below 13.5, the battery really takes a long time to re-charge, and at 13.2 volts, it's just staying even. Above 15 volts, it's a runaway alternator that's burning out the battery.

I would think that you have something on in the car, like a light. You have to trace it down (or just start run the car every morning and afternoon).
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

If you have lighted mirrors in your sunvisors one could be on and you wouldn't see it.
--
I. Care