93 Mustang

I am having a lot of problems locating the "Turn Signal Flasher" for my

1993 Mustang. CHILTON Ford Mustang Repair Manual says it is mounted on the instrument panel reinforcement above the fuse panel. I've looked and can not locate it. Do you have to remove something to find it. If anyone knows please advise as I'm getting a little frustrated. Thanks in advance!
Reply to
Doug Murphy

Autozone says its inside the fuse panel. I've never had to replace mine yet though. Fred

89 LX 5.0
Reply to
Fred V.

Yes, inside the fuse panel. Take the cover off and try not to break it. God knows I did, but it does come off! lol

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Reply to
Doug M

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Doug M wrote:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Dude. You're right... I read too fast....

Here is what my 1993 shop manual says, word for word, so there is no confusion:

"The turn singal flasher is located on the instrument panel reinforcement flange ABOVE the fuse panel."

You have to rotate it 90 degrees to remove and install.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

On my Fox bodies I believe they were located between the radio and steering column. I think it was round and there was a "tit" on the top of it that holds it in place, you rotate it 90 degrees to release the tit. Either that or there was a clip on the side. If it's like mine you won't have any trouble finding it once you look in the right place.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher