93 probe gt?

hi there, i'm new here and i'm looking to buy my first car (i'm 16 years old). Looking through the classifieds, i saw a 93 ford probe gt in my price range, with the only problem listed as a front head,
first off does this mean the header? and secondly, should i be worried of this problem? or is it a common one on the car? any other questions i should be asking/looking for, like common problems with these cars, etc?
thanks, and looking forward to your advice,
Dave
davester snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

100k miles you might want to check that the timing belt has been replaced. I had mine done a little early since I had a water pump failure/leak, so had the belts, including timing belt replaced also. The belts have to come off anyway to replace the pump.
--
I. Care

Which probably means head gasket or head crack, either way lots of $cash
I would not even consider a car when they TELL YOU something is wrong with a head....! (Well I would, but you shouldn't)
Fish wrote:

I owned a '95 GT. Loved the car and never had a problem with it for over 50k miles. Sold it at around 55k and the guy I sold it to drove it for another 30k or so before he took it to Mexico and sold it.
That being said, it's an aluminum engine (transverse V6) and if it needs head/heads, I'd walk away.
Jeff