93 taurus 3.0 - radiator repair

How difficult is it to remover the radiator for replacement or repair?

It's a ford......
It has well over 100,000 miles and so far repairs haven't exceeded $500. So what is there to complain about?

Bill,
Pop the hood and have a look. Often the most difficult thing about pulling the radiator in a FWD car is removing the lines from the automatic transmission.

Bill wrote:

Its not impossible, but there are a few challenges. Don't buy the HD 2 core radiator. Its thinker and a bitch to install. The worst of its getting the transmission cooler lines hooked and unhooked on the right side. Be sure to put new hoses on when you do it.
Bob
Well, based on the feedback, I'll give it a go. Thanks

I just did this job on my 95 today. The bottom tranny line on the radiator is difficult to bet at. I made a "special wrench to do it. Cut off a 12 point 1/2" box wrench to about 3 inches long and cut a section ou of the box to make it into a flare nut wrench. Got it all back together and guess what? The other tranny line leaks! But not at the fitting... it had rusted through at one of the brace thet hold it to the radiator! So, looks like I'll be doing it all over again. I'll probably start another thread but how do the fittings that hold the line into the tranny work? Is that clip all that holds the line in? Or does the nut need to come out too.
Steve P.
Steve P wrote:

Fun. fun, fun. When i needed a radiator for my 93 wagon, i figured i would get the double core. It was not that much more. It must be better!
Well, the extra thickness made it near impossible to get the radiator fan on. Its amazing what a difference an 1" or less makes. It also makes changing the oil filter a lot more fun.
Bob
on my Gen 1 90 it was easy.