93 Taurus CCRM

Hi,

I have a 93 Taurus wagon, 3.8, 137,000 miles.

It needs a new Constant Control Relay Module (Trouble code 543, Fuel pump open circuit, battery to ECA)

Ford dealer price $145 NAPA, AdvanceAuto price $80

I would go for the NAPA/AdvanceAuto unit on cost, but I have a bad report on NAPA replacement modules:

Module fails to control A/C circuit properly

Anyone else have experience with NAPA / AdvanceAuto CCRMs

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Have you verified at the module that there is no voltage? Could be a bad wire, bad rollover switch, bad ground, bad fuel pump.

You could probably get one at a U pull yard for $20 or so.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz