93 Taurus, GL

i got a 93 taurus GL, 3.0 had it since new.... well after 11 years of sitting in it the drivers seat seems like you sitting in a bucket.. i got a bad back, surgery since 1964, and i want to know if you can take the car to an upostery shop and they will be able to replace the springs that hold the seat up in the middle?? i looked all over for springs that go there and could not find any... years ago i knew the crown vics had some type of rope/bands under the seat to hold it up, but taking the seat out and looking under there they did not have any, just springs.... thanks for a reply.....

Reply to
jim

jim opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@noname.com:

Of course they can build it up... the foam breaks down, not just the springs

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Why not just buy an Obusform back support?

mossrite

Are you a heavier guy Jim? Those seats sink after years of use. I will bet your passenger side is still fine. The best solution? Keep yours eyes out in the paper for someone selling one that has a bad trannie or motor. And then get the seat out of it. Sit in it first to make sure its not as bad or worse than yours. Hopefully, some little old 80 pound lady owned it. There not hard to change. I changed the seat in my 90 for that very reason. I found a donor and did a swap.

I suppose you could get a whoopee cushion and over inflate it under the front seat with the vent hole plugged...;)

Bob

Reply to
bob urz

dno not too big, about 215 lbs, but i sit kinda high way back to keep the back supported and this is what probably broke or weaked the springs... funny i used to be 125 lbs. when 21 yrs old... never thought i would be this heavy.... very skinny at the time.... but then i was a kid..... did not recognize a picture of myself from way back then, but then i did look familar, thought it was a relative, but could not figure out who it was....but then that picture was about 40 yrs ago....

Reply to
jim

jim opined

The I would bet you're a borderline Type II diabetic.

Same as me, was always skinny as a kid.. could eat anything in any amount.

But after 5 years on a "healthy, low fat, low cholesterol diet" I had gained

25 pounds of weight and 20 points total cholesterol.

Atkins works wonders, if it's not too late. BAck down to 150 lbs, lost 25 points cholesterol. Eat Bacon eggs in morning,

1 Cheeseburger at least, a day.

During the work day, I live on Mickey D's 1.00 cheeseburgers and McChicken, every two to three hours now that I have my sugar back down.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

no i take Zocor to keep the colesterol down... just had blood work recently and all the readings were good.... buy i did have about 30 yrs. of macs and b-kings as i was in a car driving and living on the edge and never really had a time for lunch, just had to get a burger when available and always found a place without a line to get one.......... it got to the point when i would come home at night and fix a can of red beans and put about 4 winners in it and eat the whole thing.... with about 6 slices of bread.... then lay down on the couche and fall asleep watching tv. well i dont do that anymore... retired now, but always get a test for diabetes and dont have it...

Reply to
jim