93 Taurus Ignition Switch

Ok, spare key broke off in the ignition while the car was parked. well first it got stuck then it broke. We were not able to get the broken part out, but we
were able to turn the whole ignition with side cutters and start the car. We drove it home. Next day we got the broken part out, but now my key, the original will not go all the way in. So we figure we need to replace the ignition. Here is our problem, everything I read here says we need the key to turn the ignition to on to replace it. How do we do this if the key will not work. Help Please!
--
karaz

The broken key was worn enough to work the disks. Have you tried operating the cylinder with the broken stub ?
Happy modeming, Bill K.

just like you did with the side cutters before. or-There is a small "tit" that sticks out of the bottom of the cyl that holds it in until you turn the key to "on". That "tit" can be defeated with a small punch and hammer or another way you determine with your imagination.