93 Taurus motor mount bolt

Got to looking at my wife's car today after she complained of noise and clunks. Thought for sure the motor mounts were gone. I looked at the front one close and discovered the single mount bolt which bolts through
the mount into the block was GONE! Well, now i got to find a bolt to replace it. Anyone have any idea on what size of bolt this takes? The lower one was still in the subframe.
Bob
maybe the dealer wont charge you a finger for one? just a large bolt right?

Petebert wrote:

pitch i would go down to the hardware store and buy one. But with it gone, that makes it kind of tough.
Bob

The dealer should be able to tell you the thread and length over the phone. I once went to the dealer for two bolts and instead of selling me the bolts, he just told me to go to the hardware store and get such and such a bolt. nice guy..
-Bruce
I've lost the RF motor mount bolt three times in 12 months on my '91 3.0L. It's a 7/16" NC bolt. I don't remember the length....something like 1". The length is not that critical anyway because if I remember correctly the tapped hole is a through hole.
The first time it fell out, I had a garage replace it. They used a lock washer and it lasted 3 days. The second time it fell out, I did it myself and used blue Loctite and it lasted a week. The third time it fell out I used red Loctite and it's lasted 2 months so far.
I think you should use the hardest bolt you can get because I've read user group stories about this bolt. In one instance, I read that the bolt actually sheared off. You do NOT want to have to extract that sucker.
-jeff
jeff wrote:

I thought 92 when they went to the second gen body style is when they changed the front mount. The newer gen 2 type style is like a big liquid filled donut. I remember changing a mount on my 90 and the bolts where side ways and i had to go through the wheel well as i recall. Its definitely different then the 93 type. This is a single bolt directly into the block facing the radiator.
I Went to the Fraud dealer. What do you think they wanted for the bolt? $40. Even with my discount, it was $30. No way i am paying $30 for a bolt. The parts guys could not tell me generically what it was.
I assume this would be a metric bolt with course threads? I may end up at the u pull it yard yet. But that would be a big pain in the ass to do.
BOb
Bob Urz wrote:

bolt you need is part No. N605933-S101.. i had to change my motor mounts and discovered it was not like the setup in the Haynes manual, alot easier to put this bolt in.... call up the ford parts dept. and see if they have any in stock? if not ask them if they can tell you the dimensions on it??? cant hurt, they have about 4-6 ford mercury dealers in my area and most are pretty helpful... if they dont have the bolt and you have to buy it at a hardware store look for the highest rated bolt you can get.. remember that the side of this bolt is holding up your engine in the right rront.... dont use those low rated bolts as they will probably snap due ot being overloaded....
Bob Urz wrote:

could not find it and said it was not available.. i called one and told them i needed a bolt for the front motor mount on a 93 taurus,,without looking in the computer the guy told me that they are about $40-$45 for that bolt.. i asked if it was gold plated, the guy laughed and said no that he thinks ford has a patent on it as its case hardened or somthing.. from what i remember when changing my mounts it did seem a little thicker than a normal bolt, you best bet would be to go to the junk yards and hope they dont realize how expensive they are and you might be able to find one where they pull engines out of the cars before sending the bodys to the scrap yards for the cost of steel... or pull one out of a 93 taurus.. on the earlier fords(the ones that were listed in the Haynes book has a different type of mount on the front and will not work on your 93.. i hope this helps.