93 Taurus power seat question

My daughters 93 Taurus power driver seat no longer goes forward or backwards. When you push the switch back and forth to initiate movement it just makes a wirrring sound along with a clicking noise. Every other
movement works except front and back.
Is there any easy fix? Could the seat just be off track if you still hear the motor working? Is there anyway to bypass the power seat to move the seat back? I would rather not dump a ton of money into it to just fix the seat.
Many thanks!
********************************* Dave Pawlikowski snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net ********************************* If the opposite of Pro is Con, is the opposite of progress, Congress? *********************************
My '93 Taurus power driver seat stopped working very suddenly.
My wife and I are radically different in stature, so every time we go to drive the vehicle after the other one has driven it, it has to be adjusted from all the way back to nearly all the way forward, or vice versa. It has worked flawlessly ever since we bought the car from some friends about a year ago.
It worked fine yesterday, I also used the tilt controls to recline the seat slightly so I could take a catnap while waiting for her to come out of her office.
This morning she went out to go to work and the seat controls were totally dead -- no hum, buzz, nada. The seat wouldn't adjust in any of the four parameters (forward/backward, height, forward tilt, rear tilt).
We're both limited physically so I enlisted some help tonight to look at it; a friend checked all my fuses and there didn't appear to be a blown fuse.
I find it doubtful that the motor has gone out -- isn't there more than one motor involved for the different adjustments?
I'm wondering whether I might have pulled a plug or cable loose while doing the seat tilt adjustment, which I don't normally use that much (like I say, I can't really get down there to look, but it's certainly possible that there's trash or other objects underneath there).
If you have a suggestion, please post it here and/or e-mail me at:
aseeger (at) cox-internet.com
Thanks in advance.
Alan -=Al on Wheelz=-
Free original CHARMED images for download:
http://ohwowgraphics.com/images/4sisters.jpg
http://ohwowgraphics.com/images/3sistersSF.jpg
there are 3 motors on the power seat frame, so most likely its a power or ground issue, check your fuses carefully and in all likelyhood its controlled by a circuit beaker.