93 Taurus, scanning codes

i got a 93 taurus, 3.0 V-6 engine.. check engine light been on for a while...

1 took it to autozone and they checked it and tell me that the codes are: 25 Knock sensor(found out i dont have one on this car).. 34 EVP voltage out of range 51 ECT bad.. well i checked the ECT with ohm meter and it was reading OK. no knock sensor EVP was removed from car and brought to suto zone and they checked it according to the Wells test book and put voltage to it and then pressure on the pressure side and it worked OK.. i then removed the EGR valve and checked it and the tube from the EGR valve to the manifold and it was clear.... Check engine light still on... disconnected battery and later the light came back on... i then went back to Auto zone and had them test it again and comes up with: 33 Map sensor(thats what the guy says, but the book i have says its a EGR valve Pos. sensor/PFE) 75 Charging system, my book says its BO/Off(BOO) switch always closed circuit.. 19 crank shaft sensor, my book says failure in electronic control assembly(ECA)....

well i figured the guy did not know what he was doing so i went to another auto zone and the guy came out to the car and ran the test and gave me the paper with the same code number.. i then told him that i have the book and left(i did not go in to get him to look up the numbers as they matched the ones the guy gave me and i figured maybe he did know what he was doing????)... I then went home and removed the MAF sensor and cleaned the wires in it real good with some rubbing alcohol and put it back on.... no check engine light (before it came on as soon as you started the engine, now it takes a block or two of driving)).... any suggestion on a fix for this?????? thaks in advance....

Reply to
jim

Rusto