93 Taurus trouble codes

Hi,

93 Taurus wagon 3.8L 150k miles

Engine stutters/hesitates under nearly all driving conditions

Pulled the codes

114 Haynes says Air Charge Temp sensor out of range

116 Haynes says Coolant Temp sensor out of range

Third code appears to be 636 but my Haynes manual does not list this code. Don't think I have made a mistake in the reading. Anyone know what this code refers to.

Have replaced Air Charge Sensor and Coolant temp sensor. Running is improved but engine still hesitates then runs smoothly then hesitates, etc.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Try these: (supposedly 1986-1995)

Steve

OBD 1 code? 636 Transmission oil temperature higher or lower than expected.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Losing coolant? Sweat smell out of the exhaust?

Pull all your plugs. If one is way cleaner than the rest you found your answer.....

bob

Reply to
bob