93 Topaz ( Tempo ) 2300 Engine - Crank Pulley Rattle

I have a 1993 Mercury Topaz ( Ford Tempo ) with a 2300 4-cylinder engine. There is a rattling noise when the car is in gear and idling when the brake pedal is depressed. When the car is in park or when we accelerate
and driving down the road the noise goes away. The noise is coming from the area of the crank pulley and is loudest under the car. We just purchased the car and it has over 150,000 miles. It doesn't seem to be a problem yet but it is rater noisey and irritating. Has anyone else had experience with this? I've looked at a number of things and replaced the automatic belt tensioner and still not sure what it is. Normally if it was a noisey rod, the noise would be ther all the time. Any help would be appreciated.
Replaced several of these a few years back. It was a fairly common problem.
You should have the concern addressed as soon as possible - continuing to drive the car could damage the crankshaft.

In article

Like Jim said, common problem. There was a TSB issued back in the 90s for the problem.