93 Tracer lost its pep

My daughter has a 93 Mercury Tracer. The water pump froze up and broke the timing belt. I installed a new pump and belt. It runs well but is not as pepy as it was.
I rechecked the timing belt an it seems to be OK. What could be causing this problem? SK
how many miles? It was likely just loosing its pep with age and you are attributing it to the pump, its a 93 man getting close to retire the old girl.
If it runs and goes, leave it.
Ken

How many miles does it have on it?
Did you check the timing?