'93 Vic speedo

Yeah, mine quit last year, at least the odometer part, speedo is still working. Diagnostics says replace unit. Got a chance to pick up a '93 speedo from a police unit, mine is NOT the police car just a C.V. LX .
Can I use this police speedo w/140mph in my CV? Or is wiring or output from tranny different? Not really fussed about the 140mph part, just want to be able to log my mileage for maintenance purposes. Thanks, JRnNC