94 Aerostar Blower Motor

The blower motor stopped working in my 1994 Ford Aerostar (3.0 Liter) for both the heater and A/C at all speeds. I checked the fuse and that is fine.
Any tips or how to replace the motor and if there is a relay or resistor that might need be checked I would appreciate it.
Thanks for your help.
Bob
very common problem on the aerostar - two ways to fix it. replace motor or use a drill to open it up and replace the brushes.
the problem is the brushes wear down and it is a sealed unit. another better ford idea??
it's not that hard to replace the brushes if you are decent with your hands.
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so." http://community.webtv.net/PALMER_ENT/doc
Did this, by chance, happen directly after a heavy wet snow? Check that resistor assy first.
It's right there on the underhood plenum.
The overheat protection thermistor may have blown.
Salvage yard.. they either work or they dont, and the speed resistors show when they are blown. Dont pay them more than ten bucks
Or about 20 bucks new at the dealer
c palmer opined in

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:26:53 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

lmfao buy a new one who on earth would repair a problem with a worn out part thats worth 20 bucks
i see a comeback good thing u are not licenced u give us a bad name
lmfao backyard hack
U GO GIRL
hurc ast
Hurricane Assed, being let out on parole..opined

Welcome back, pit-boy!
Naturally, you say... but could you enlighten us as to exactly WHAT in that resistor thermistor assy wears out?
Yeah, I guess things gave been tame around here...
Oh, while you're at it explain how cleaning out the EGR feed port at the throttle body can fix a cold-idle problem.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:35:35 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

yup put in that resitor assy thats why its in they mount it INSIDE the fan assy to help cool it
its called THERMAL STRESS FATIGUE
schools out
hurc ast
Look shithead.. you can arse out all you want.
The only TSF is what your mom ought wash your mouth out with.
You wouldnt know stress fatigue if you wipe your ass with it.
And it's not a factor in that thermistor!

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:01:23 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

lmfao hey hack try this at home hook one up touch it with your finger lmfao
you go snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Made your millions in Russia and now you're back 'eh bozo?

Thanks for your help. Could you tell me where the motor is located? Trying to avoid the shop on this one if I can avoid it.
Thanks again.
Bob M
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:19:40 GMT, "Robert Murphy"

Happened on both of my Aerostars. I just popped the end off the motor, in situ, and replaced the brushes.

Thanks for your help. Could you tell me where the motor is located? I am trying to avoid the mechanic on this one if at all possible.
Thanks again.
Bob
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:02:50 -0500, "Robert Murphy"

It's just behind and below the dash on the right side. You need to remove the under dash cover to see and reach it.