94 Areostar Rear ABS warning light

My problems started when the rear wheel Cyl leaked and allowed the fluid level to drop and allowed air into the system.
Rear Cyls, and new shoes now have been replaced and all four wheels have
been bled, and the fluid level is full.
I'm looking for a solution for two problems. First problem is the Red brake failure light will not go out after all the wheels have been bled, and the second is the REAR ABS warning light stays on.
I can make the Red Brake warning light go out by disconnecting the Proportioning value switch from the wiring harness. The Question is how is that switch reset back to be off in the normal operating mode, or is it normal to be in the off mode when the no pressure is applied from the brake pedal.
I don't have a clue as to why the READ ABS warning light is ON after the engine is running. The sensor on the rear pinion is in place and hooked up, and it was functional before the leak is the braking system. I'm thinking that it may be in the ABS sol value that is after the Proportional value.
Anyone have a clue, and have model experience?

you need to reset the brake equalization valve to get the brake failure light to go out. as for the abs light, there could be two things causing this. first, the abs sensor may be bad. secondly, this car may have an abs system that has a fluid pump, and it may be low on fluid. not sure though, never worked on one of these cars

brake
brake
Proportional
Problem solved, Replaced the RABS sol value, and the prop value, very expensive, but it worked. blead the brake in order of right rear, left front, right front, left rear as discribed in repair manuel. thanks

Your e-mail is confusing to me.Would you be so kind to explain specifically and spell out the complete" replaced RABS sol value and the prop value".I think you might have mis-typed like I do very frequently.I believe you have the solution for my similar problem.That's why I need specific names for the parts I will need to buy.I sincerely will appreciate your help.THANKS!

I replaced the value that has the warning switch on it. It's call a "Pressure Differential Value and Warning lamp switch". Then I replaced the RABS value or know as a "Dual Solenoid Eletro-Hydraulic Value". This was a shotgun fix, since the wife wanted the car fixed ASAP, and there was dirt, rust, and leaks in the rear system when I started. Now I have flushed the system with new fuild, and have new parts, I feel that she is now driving a car with safe brakes. One last thing, to make sure that there was no air in the system, I bled the brakes a second time to make sure that the fuild ran clear and no air bubbles. This system that's on this van dosn't have a pump built into the ABS controls. the only pressure that is applied is from the brake pedal. I tested the new part before installing it, and I could apply small amount air pressure to the inlet port, and feel that there was a sign that it was reaching the output port with out being energized. With this thought, I felt that just bleading the brake will remove the air from the value.

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:42:49 GMT, "Jerry Muller via CarKB.com"

open a front caliper and bleed it = out the pressure check that both brakelights work
hurc ast