94 CROWN VIC POWER STEERING FLUID RECOMMENDATION ?

I'm about to change out the gearbox, which is malfunctioning, on my Police Interceptor to a gearbox off a Crown Vic that has the standard suspension. I would like recommendations as to the correct, proven power steering fluid to install and any other advice for this project. Thanks. in advance.

Reply to
septicman

Factory fill is Mercon.... synthetic ATF works good especially for some noisey steering concerns...

Reply to
Jim Warman