94 CROWN VIC POWER STEERING FLUID RECOMMENDATION ?

I'm about to change out the gearbox, which is malfunctioning, on my Police Interceptor to a gearbox off a Crown Vic that has the standard suspension. I would like recommendations as to the correct, proven
power steering fluid to install and any other advice for this project. Thanks. in advance.
Factory fill is Mercon.... synthetic ATF works good especially for some noisey steering concerns...