94 crown vic-rough idle

Just wondering if any experts out there can give some direction on 4.6L. crown victoria - runs great with your foot in it -but sometimes very rough, almost stalling idle - even when dead cold. Diagnostics indicates
lean mixture from O2 sensor and EGR sensor circuit problem - but EGR doesnt work until car is warm, so dont think it is EGR related. It is a great car othersise (other than those crazy cable power windows!) - thanx for any info. bob d.
ignatz wrote:

My first guess id that you have a pretty good vacuun leak somewhere (rough idle, lean code). The EGR code "may" indicate the valve stuck open, thus the rough idle and lean indication. Start there after checking for visible vacuum leaks.
            Tom
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:43:16 -0500, Tom Adkins

remove thethrottle body clean out the passage for egr hurc ast
Here we go, again! lol!
opined

Looks like the Russians didn't want him either...
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

(sigh)
My '95 did that for quite a while before it set a lean code. I found the problem by sound. The PCV tube from the valve in the rocker cover to the rear of the engine is metal except for a short bit of hose at each end. The rear bit of hose had a hole in it. It had a curve in it and the hole was at the curve. I didn't really see it, I heard it. New 3" piece of hose, no more problems. Lot's more zoom, too!
Paul

Be SQUARE

sounds like a Vacuum problem... My 93 had a similar problem with the line that runs from the passenger side to the driver's side... it's the same line your PCV is plugged into... I'd check that one first...
As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns --the ones we don't know we don't know." D. Rumsfeld