94 Escort 1.9 Ignition Capacitor Specs?

Just noticed that one of the the subject ignition noise supression capacitor's lead has broken off it right at the cap body leaving it dangling near the ignition pack. Not apparent that it's failure has effected either
ignition or radio perfromance though.
Anyone know the specs (capacitance and voltage rating) of this item? Being an inherently cheap ham radio operator with a huge collection of electronic flotsam and jetsam, I'm sure I have something hanging around that will function as good or better than the Ford part.

I'd think that would be 'duck soup' for a 'HAM'. Just off the top of your head.
Voltage would be at least 10 times Primary. Then figure reactance v impedance of the 'L' circuit... against freq range of desired band you wish to suppress.
It's been 20 years...but I would guess .1 to .5ufd at 200v paper or ceramic
But isnt it easier to just head out to an auto parts store and buy one off the 'Help" rack?
Auto Zone has no listing for this item, even in their paper catalog of engine managment compnnents. So it will b interesting to see what FoMoCo charges for this little gem.

Okay...I have an idea. Try a regular points-type 'condenser'. I had an ign noise problem that showed mainly on the lower AM dial and it worked for me (installed on coil + term). If you need more (higher) than that.. just a regular .1ufd disc at 100 volts or more in parallel with the above ought to do it.
just a tip for some,
http://www.indiacar.com/infobank/car_radio.htm
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Most point type ignition "condensers" were the same value as the external "capacitor" on Ignition coils and voltage regulators (or elsewhere in the charging system. I recall specs from when I was in high school automotive class but that was ~30 years ago. You're a Ham, I'm an antique radio collector. We both "should" know how to calculate the proper voltage and MFD for this cap! I know I can't ;( I'm thinking 1-10 mfd at about 600v. Non electrolytic, non polarized, off the top of my head. I've used caps in that range for radio supression on aftermarket installs..

600V!!! Come on, Tom... look at AC RFI/anti-arc filters!
The classic: series circuit, 100ohm 1 watt, point one ufd 400v disc
And that's for inductive circuits at 120 volts.
You only need design for 10 times primary voltage. less if you're also using the points cap in parallel.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

I said 600V beacuse that's normally have in my stash. I do a lot of work with tube circuits. The 1-10 mfd was a typo. I meant .1-1.0. I normally have a lot of .1 amd .5 on hand. The OP was looking to use something out of his junk box.