'94 Escort headlight assy replacement

The headlight bulb socket's retaining ring came loose on the driver's side of my wife's '94 Escort. This lead to the bulb socket backing out of the headlight assembly's housing component--which in turn caused the hot bulb to melt the feature that the retaining ring screws on to. So, now I am faced with having to replace the entire headlight assembly instead of just the bulb to correct a burned out headlight. I have already ordered a new headlight assembly, which wasn't cheap by the way. At any rate, my question is this. How much of a pain in the butt is it going to be to replace this headlight assembly? It appears as though there are five screws on the backside of the headlight assembly that are difficult to get to without removing some other parts first. I certainly could be wrong about this. Have any of you guys dealt with this same type of replacement before?

Thanks in advance!

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.