94 Escort Interior Rear View Mirror Mount - Where's the Setscrew?

OK - where is it? Trying to remount the mirror in our 94 Escort - the metal mounting button can't be removed from the mirror for re-glue to the windshield- can't find a way to loosen it! There is a small square hole on
the edge of the mirror mount that suggests a set screw lies inside, but can't get anything to work in there. Any suggestions, before I have to jury rig something to hold the whole assembly in place while the glue dries on the button? As usual, Chilton and Clymer are clueless on this issue.
Chris Bowne Stonington, CT
It should slide out..although it will be very tight because it is a taper fit. Here is how my 95 ford escort manual( the real thing) describes removing the mirror ( when it is still fixed in place on the windshield)... 1, Grasp the rear view mirror firmly..2, Tap on the mirror with a rubber mallet to remove it from the mirror bracket on the windshield glass. ( The mirror slides up). Installation.. Slide the mirror onto the bracket until firmly fixed in place.