94 Escort Interior Rear View Mirror Mount - Where's the Setscrew?

OK - where is it? Trying to remount the mirror in our 94 Escort - the metal mounting button can't be removed from the mirror for re-glue to the windshield- can't find a way to loosen it! There is a small square hole on the edge of the mirror mount that suggests a set screw lies inside, but can't get anything to work in there. Any suggestions, before I have to jury rig something to hold the whole assembly in place while the glue dries on the button? As usual, Chilton and Clymer are clueless on this issue.

Chris Bowne Stonington, CT

Reply to
Chris Bowne

steve piskor