'94 F350 dead speedo - is this dead speed sensor?

Is this dead speed sensor? This is an analog speedo and the auto trans is now shifting very hard.

Reply to
X-Eliminator

"Tom" wrote in news:47ac2ee8$0$7847$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

A 94 will most likely not be a ODB 2 unit, there for it will not likely have a code. there are specs for the speed sender check it or sub a known good unit. Got any friends with a simalar unit? KB

Reply to
Kevin

You are correct, this is an ODB 1 vehicle. I'm just going to have to buy one a see if it fixes the problem (as soon a the temps here go above zero).

Reply to
X-Eliminator

I was able to get hold of a factory service manual which shows that the VSS is really called the "RABS" - Rear Axle Brake Sensor - which delivers AC impulses to the "PSOM" Programmable Speed Odometer Module, so the VSS that is typically mounted on the trans of a two-wheel vehicle is really the RABS on my 4x4 truck. All I need to do is to replace the RABS and see if that solves my problem. (I looked under the truck and found the RABS mounted on top of the Dana 60 rear end - there is no VSS attached to the trans or Borg Warner transfer case anywhere to be found).

Reply to
X-Eliminator