94 Ford Escort Slave Cylinder

I have a 94 Ford Escort LX 1.9 that has begun to have clutch problems. I just replaced the clutch master cylinder and was told that I should also replace the slave cylinder since they both fail at about the same
time. I need to know if this part is internal or external on the transmission housing to know if I can do this myself.

I do belive it is external, you should be able to see it from under the hood. Tony, (Who was under mine more than I wanted to be this weekend!)

On the trucks it's inside the bell housing and the transmission has to be dropped to access it. I don't know if that's the way the front wheel drives are or not.
CJB
On Feb 11, 8:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@suntrust.com wrote:

The clutch slave cylinder is inside the bell housing the gearbox will need to be removed