94 Ford Taurus

I got a couple quick questions to ask you ford guys/gals.
Where is the obd connector for a 94 taurus and how dissimilar is a 94 from a 92?
I have a cartridge for my otc 4000e that only goes up to 92.
Also, I havent looked yet but would there be a oil level sensor on the oil pan?
From what I was told when the brakes were applied the oil light would come on. I wasnt told if it was oil pressure or oil level light and I havent done a road test yet to find out or looked at the gages.
tia

Same place.

Does not matter.

Depends on options, most likely no. Based on your next question, no.

The light is turned on and off by pressure. Think about it, if you step on the brakes real hard the oil level shifts in the pan. If it is low it may uncover the pick up, guess what will happen. Grade school science.

No, I am not familiar with either. I'm looking around the steering column and I am not seeing it. Is it something silly like under the hood like a jeep? I'm not hanging out in a hot car to find out. The similarity question was refering to pulling information from the ecm. As in were there any changes to the ecm design that would give me the wrong readings or no readings. And yes I know its pre obd-II. I know I should be able to pull codes if there was no major design changes between 92 to 94.

No kidding I know that, the oil level is "not" low, it is filled to the max operating range. My question should of been is this a known problem with these cars.
TIA for anyone willing to actually help.
ford? wrote:

open the hood and look on the passenger side back on the firewall.... they have a [plastic cap covering it... just pull it off... the cover is the size of the connector, just barely covering it.....

the
uncover
It is a known problem with any car not just "with these cars". If you hit the brakes and the oil light comes on, you are low on oil. If the oil light comes on because you have reduced the speed of the engine, you have low oil pressure. It does not matter the make or model. The problem is called lack of maintenance, or abuse.

The best help would come from a good manual and you reading it.