94 Ford Taurus Interior

I seem to have gotten my radio deck stuck in the dashborn and now i have to take the dashboard off to get the deck out so ican re-wire it. I'm just wondering if any one knows how to get the dashboard off i seem incapable of doing it.

Reply to
Pillowfreak

Don't take this wrong but if you are having a hard time getting the radio out, taking the dash out is not going to be something you will want to tackle. I have the service manual for the 1994 wagon, if you would like I can scan the pages on removel of the dash. What I would try to do would be to slide something very thin on the sides of the radio while trying to pull it out. a Steel ruler about one inch wide would work nicely.If you have two it would be better as you could work with both sides as you try to remove the radio. I hope this idea works for you.

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

take the dashboard off to get the deck out so ican re-wire it. I'm just wondering if any one knows how to get the dashboard off i seem incapable of doing it.

That year of Ford radio should have two little holes on each side of the radio. There is a closehanger sized wire tool to stick though the holes to release the springs and the radio will pull right out. You can buy these at most auto parts stores. If you clever, you can make one yourself.

If your really in a pickle, take the ash tray out from the bottom for a better look.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz