94 Ford Tempo Shoulder Belt Problem

I have a prolem with the driver side automatic should belt. It will not move across my chest when the door is shut. I have to manualy move the belt to its locked position yet it moves on its own (releasing)when I open the door with no problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? The passenger belt works fine.

Reply to
DarkWolf

sounds like the belt motor only working one way it is a forward and reverce motor i say the motor is bad

Reply to
jimmyh

Is the motor hard to replace and would you know how much it would cost? Kinda figured it may be the motor. A friend thought it was the belt/cable but if that was the case it would not move at all.

Reply to
DarkWolf

or 1 of the sensors

or relay in trunk

Reply to
johanb

not a clue at all youn can call the car dealer or if you have a repair manual cost dont now

Reply to
jimmyh