94 Grand Marquis - Problems with Engine missing

This past week I just started noticing the car missing while it was idling. My first thought was plugs, but not sure. The car has over 60,000 miles, it has been garage kept most of its life, very well
taken care of, very clean under the hood. I donít know if the plugs were changed by the previous owner or not. It doesnít act like it would be the fuel filter, because when I am going up hill it doesnít lag any at all. It really just seems to do it when I first start to accelerate, after I get up to speed I donít notice it as much.
If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them, please!
Thanks, Justin
‚úĖ
Now this is a real problem. If the motor is missing under the hood maybe it was kidnaped.

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/94-Grand-Marquis-Problems-Engine-missing-ftopict187721.html
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Plugs & wires would be first. Also, just to be safe, have the tranny fluid/filter changed. I do mine every 50-60k - keeps the shudders away.
PoD

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/94-Grand-Marquis-Problems-Engine-missing-ftopict187721.html
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

If it is just missing a idle, I would tend to suspect dirty fuel injectors. I suggest adding Chevron PRO-GARDģ Clean-Up Engine Deposit Remover (see http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/additives/pro_gard.shtml ) or Chevron TECHRONģ Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner (see http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/additives/concentrate_plus.shtml ) to your next couple of tanks of gas.
Regards,
Ed White http://home.mindspring.com/~ed_white/
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
justin_ware71 wrote:

Pull the engine codes to see what's wrong.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Have you even bothered to check them?

Of course not.

Your injectors are getting dodgy. Pressure clean them with the usual aerosol solvent/adapter kit and change the fuel filter. This car sounds like one of those that was kept in a garage but never really maintained properly. I've seen "old folks'" cars like this that look great, but you pop a valve cover, and it's sludge city, due to no maintenance.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks Everybody for responding. I donít really know that much about cars (as you can tell) so I really appreciate the advice that was given. The people on this site are awesome and have helped me out with car issues many times.
Justin
"DeserTBoB" wrote: > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:22:14 GMT, justin_ware71
> wrote: > > >This past week I just started noticing the car missing while > it was > >idling. My first thought was plugs, but not sure. The car > has over > >60,000 miles, it has been garage kept most of its life, very > well > >taken care of, very clean under the hood. I donít know if the > plugs > >were changed by the previous owner or not.<snip> > > Have you even bothered to check them? > > >It doesnít act like it > >would be the fuel filter <snip> > > Of course not. > > >because when I am going up hill it doesnít > >lag any at all. It really just seems to do it when I first > start to > >accelerate, after I get up to speed I donít notice it as > much. <snip> > > Your injectors are getting dodgy. Pressure clean them with > the usual > aerosol solvent/adapter kit and change the fuel filter. This > car > sounds like one of those that was kept in a garage but never > really > maintained properly. I've seen "old folks'" cars like this > that look > great, but you pop a valve cover, and it's sludge city, due to > no > maintenance.
‚úĖ
justin_ware71 wrote:

Did you ever find the engine that was missing? :)
Couldn't resist.
G'nite!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Is this a 4.6 engine? Sounds like the problem I had with my 95 Town Car. My miss turned out to be primarily a bad plug wire but cleaning the MAF sensor (easy to do if you have tamper-proof torx drivers) cleared up a hesitation and poor cold running problem I'd had for months.
Brad