94 lincoln air suspension

Have a 94 lincoln, recently I have had a problem with the air suspension deflating usually the rear and sometimes the front. It seems like this problem has started only since it has turned cold. Sometimes I can hear a
hiss when vehicle is stopped and watch the suspension go down and when I return to the car the next morning its up again?? If you have any clues on this I would appreciate it
Thanks Irene
Please respond to news group only
The suspension will go down when you shut off the car, exit, and have all doors closed. It's just adjusting for the removed weight. If you believe you have leaking air springs, turn off the switch in the trunk and drive it for a while. If it falls then, you have actual air leaks. It's usually the air bladder material, but sometimes it's the 0-rings at the individual solenoids on the air springs.
mike wrote:

Irene, I have a '94 Mark VIII and have had issues with the air ride system over the years. It has over 156,000 miles. The first thing I would suspect is leaky air bags on the front and rear. What I would do to isolate which ones are leaking is to spray some soapy water on the bottom of each bag when they are inflated. Watch for any bubbles that would indicate a leak. They are prone to crack at the fold on the bottom of each bag with age. I would think that when you come out in the morning and the car is up would mean that it is either re-inflating or parked in such a way that the cracks are not opened up. This would make it appear that they are lot leaking. Mine did just that with the front just a few weeks ago. Some mornings it would be down and others it would not. I sprayed some soapy water on both front struts and found that the left one was leaking. Replaced it with a rebuilt one at just a little over $200 with tax vs. almost $400 new. Now no more droopy nose in the mornings. Good luck!

I would suspect an 'O' ring problem. Why not take your vehicle to a Lincoln dealer? They will connect it to a suspension system analyzer that will direct the technician to the exact source of the problem.
mike hunt