'94 T-Bird 4.6L Excessive fuel [ Chapter 4 ]

Well, I believe source of the problem has been fixed. The original DTC problem of misfire was the initial fix (taped the plug wires), which smoothed out the engine. But then I had this terrible excessive fuel
delivery. It was quite a learning experience to me as I had never worked on EFI and EEC engines before.
After climbing all over that engine and testing everything short of the national deficit, I finally determined that the #6 injector was defective. The same cylinder that had the misfire. Yeak, I know. There's no way possible a misfire could damage an injector. Well, it was damaged. I could blow air through it.
Anyway, after replacing the injector I still had excessive smoke with the fuel smell. So, I changed the oil and filter. Now, I still have excessive smoke, but it's more of a whitish gray color and it has a terrible stink, but much less of gasoline fumes. I have little doubt that the catalytic converter is saturated with raw gasoline.
My knowledge of catalytic converters is on a par with what I know about nose boogers in bovines. So, do I just drive the thing and burn the fuel out of the catalytic converter, or does it need replacing (66K miles)? And, if it needs replacing, are those things still welded in place? I don't do welding.
-- snip -----

The job of the fuel system is to efficiently mix air and fuel. When this works OK you don't smell fuel from the exhaust. It sounds like your injectors are running rich.
I'd pull a couple plugs. If electrodes are dark or black, you'll probably need fuel/air mixture adjustment.
Puddin'
Puddin' Man opined in

Is that like "lefty-loosey, rightie-tightie"?
:)
He SAID he found a wide-open injector, replaced IT and the gas contaminated oil and thinks the Cat is saturated. as well.